Translate

Sunday 11 November 2012

ONE STITCH AT A TIME CHALLENGE #139 - 'Thanks'

Hi everyone

Here we are again with a DT post for One Stitch at a Time.  The theme this week is 'Thanks'.    I have used this lovely image by REECES SCRAP PIECES called 'An Inviting Hug', what a lovely name!  AND so quick easy to colour too!  It is ideal for making up some quick Christmas cards, although there was nothing quick about my creation today!

Sponsor:

 

This lovely image  is available from  Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps . 

So, what weird and wonderful idea did I come up with?  I opted to make a Chocolate Bar wrapper.  This is something I have been wanting to try for ages now.  I can tell you now, in hindsight, you definitely need TWO bars of chocolate.  Well I just do not know what happened but the first one just seemed to vanish! lol  Anyhow, I took the sturdy wrapper from the bar, measured it and then cut my piece of card, scoring in the same way as Lindt had done making it just a little bit bigger so the bar of chocolate will slip into it easily.  I left it open at both ends too.  I went for the Christmas theme because I thought how many times we need that just little bit of something to say thank you to someone, and covered in this way it makes it look so much more special.




 After sitting planning it out for ages with this and that, I was struggling, so eventually I just gave up and went for it BIG TIME - ermmmm I think I may have gone a little bit too over the top actually!  But hey I enjoyed doing it. AND  most of the items came from my stash!  I wonder what you think?

Doiley, pearls and charm  from EBay
Image coloured with Copics andStickles added
Papers:  Marianne Creatables 
And just about everything else  from stash


Do pop over and take part in this lovely Challenge, full details can be found at One Stitch at a Time and there is lots of lovely DT inspiration too with a good variety of different styles of work.

I would like to enter this into the following Challenges:
Delightful Challenges - Let it delightfully snow 
Christmas Stamping challenge - Anything Goes 
ABC Christmass Challenge - Vibrant Colours 
Penny Black and More Challenge - Any die will do 

As always, thanks for looking, 

Judy x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Judy... Well this is the most beautiful bar of chocolate I have every seen... Gorgeous work.. The receiver of this beauty would be delighted...love it all... including the chocolate of course tee-hee. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, well I finally managed to read through to the bottom of this post after I got stuck looking at the first picture for ages. What a fun project and it's so bright and festive. Enjoy the rest of your day. I've got to go out shopping now - for chocolate!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation! Love how you had to use one of the wrappers... so that leaves one to be eaten :D Love all the great details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Judy!! Love all your elements... so much to look at it.. I see something new every time!! I just LOVE all the detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, Judy, over the top, yes, but that's what Christmas is all about. Thanks for your messages. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to 'dress up' an otherwise simple gift! It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy hope you are well,this is lovely what a fab idea,so much to luck at.What a great gift idea.Love this.Take Care.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy
    I can understand where the choccy went, I'd have to eat a bar whilst decorating the other lol.
    I think you've decorated it beautifully
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow so gorgeous judy.wonderful details and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love those green gingham bows! :) This is an awesome creation hun, love all the layers! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Judy!! Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Love how you've decorated that chocolate in gorgeous layers. Love the design with the doily, bows and poinsettas as well. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete