Translate

Saturday 12 November 2011

GDT FOR ADVENT COUNTDOWN AT CREATIVE CRAFT WORLD

Morning everyone,

I am so excited today.  It is such a great honour to be invited to take part in the Advent Countdown over at Creative Craft World  .  The Design Team have been so busy creating lovely Christmassy makes and today is my turn to show you what I have made.

I decided to try something a little different so I have two different items here and it is my first time in making both of these.  It is quite a long posting so I will try and focus on the relevant and cut out the waffle! lol

1.  Altered CD Gift Box 

I basically made this in the same way I would a card using the box as the base.

Recipe:
Box:  purchased locally some time ago
Papers:  Forever Friends 'A Christmas Tale'
Stamps:  Both are LOTV
Doiley:  Cheery Lynn die-cut
Flowers:  Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts
Lacy edging and leaves:  Martha Stewart punches
Stickles:  Red, Gold and Stardust
Glossy Accents


2.  Corner Bookmark

I have been wanting to make one of these for simply ages!  I found a tutorial on U-tube ( Tutorial found here )   

Would you believe there are no papers on this one, apart from inside the frame!  It basically consists of card, Nellie Snellen circle die-cut, ribbon and Martha Stewart punched border for the base layers. 

I then cut a Nestabilities circle frame, embossed it with Swiss Dots (Cuttlebug embossing folder) and mounted this onto the patterned paper circle.  

This lovely Polar Bear image is by Imaginisce and I have coloured him with copics and added lots of glitz.  Isn't he just the cutest!  This stamp was a birthday present!  The ribbon came from my stash.




and the reverse side:


Thank you so much fro droppng by today and bearing with me in this post.  Do pop over and take a peek at what is going on over at Creative Craft World and have a lovely day.

I would like to enter the following Challenges with one or both of these creations:
Wags n Whiskers challenge - Christmas 
Dream Valey Challenge - Anything Goes  
Paper Sundaes Challenge - Rectangle 
Simply Create Challenge - Bear (Bookmark) 
Stamp and fun = Creativity - Winter

Judy x  



10 comments:

  1. Two super ideas, Judy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great ideas, love the idea of a bookmark, well done on the gd!!trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really on a roll Judy with this lovely creation. Congrats on winning the candy at Debbie's. I've got to try one of these corner bookmarks one of these day. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable bookmark, Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create.

    Don’t forget to join us next time at our new home Simply Create Too. We have some pre-launch blog candy here . Hope to see you there!


    Xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards. They are really lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at SFC!
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creations Judy, love the first one, the flowers look wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations Judy all of them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy

    Love your corner bookmark entry in our Bear Challenge. We have a new blog for our next challenge: Christmas. Check out http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com/ for some wonderful blog candy and some great challenges. Please spread the word Please!


    Diane Money Goolsby
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.Blogspot.com/
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both creations are fabulous ... ADORABLE book marker! Thanks so much for joining us at the Wags ‘n Whisker’s CHRISTMAS themed challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    Wags ‘n Whiskers DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy congratulations on your GDT position - I love your fabulous creations. It is always fun to try something different especially when the results are so perfect. Am going to check out the You tube tutorial when I get a mo I would love to make myself a new bookmark. Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete