Translate

Sunday 3 July 2016

GDT - We Love Vintage - Sun, Beach, Sea - A BEACH CARD

Hi everyone

Well I am bubbling with joy to be invited to be invited as Guest Designer not for just July, but for August as well by this lovely Challenge Blog at We Love Vintage

The Challenge theme for July is 'A BEACH CARD'.  Well at first I was a little out of my comfort zone as I just did not have a Vintage image to fit this theme.  So my thanks go to my friend Tracy at http://noordesign-shop.co.uk/  for hunting through her stash and finding me not one but two lovely images to fit the theme.   THANK YOU TRACY!

Well, there is quite a story to this.  BEACH? Now we live in a small Fishing Port on the North East Coast here in UK, and we are by the sea.  So if I can not come up with Beachy goodies, well I would be in the dunces corner! Haha.  So, I dragged hubby off to the beach, gathered sand, but would you believe there were no shells.  I never give up!  Off we went to our little shell shop and I came home with a lovely bag of tiny shells too.  As we were walking along the Marina, there were a load of crab pots stacked.  Well, a girl can not just walk past all these bits of rope the fishermen had dropped scattering the pathway!  What people must have thought I do not know! lol  I came home with some tatty bits of rope in my bag too!  They have all been washed and disinfected, and are good to use now.  Hey and use them I will!

So - onto my card.

But first - let me tell you, Tracy at http://noordesign-shop.co.uk/ 
has the most brilliant 'collection' she is selling in her shop - and guess what?  The theme of the pack is 'Nautical'  Perfect for this Challenge!  Here is the link to the 'collection'  - http://noordesign-shop.co.uk/ourshop/cat_1180857-New-Crafteezee-Collection-Monthly.html


Border Dies/leaves  (and WOW they are fabulous!) - http://noordesign-shop.co.uk/
Papers and image from Tracy's stash
Lace (stunning!) - http://noordesign-shop.co.uk/
Flowers:  A birthday from my lovely friend Kelly
I have filled the little bottle with sand, this and the rope were from Live and Love Crafts
Shells - purchased locally. 
It is hard to tell on the photo, but there is lashings of Ducth Doobadoo Structure paste added to this card (border die-cuts, flowers, leaves, rope, shells,)

It would be lovely if you had time to pop over and see the Design Team's beautiful work, and even better if you fancied taking part in the Challenge.  ( http://wlvc.blogspot.co.uk/

As always, thanks for looking today,

Judy x

15 comments:

  1. I've heard of needing to pop out for crafty essentials Judy, but the beach is a bit extreme, but what a perfect way to get a day out and end up with a super creation as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Judy WOW you have done it again I adore this one it must take you hours to make these stunning cards.
    You are one amazing crafter well done I love it.

    Debs xxxx

    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo Judy.....I love you being a guest-designer at our WLVC-blog and wow wow wowwwwwww......how I love this card. I have to look over and over and over again to see al the beautiful details...You did an amazing job sweety....I love to read your story about going to the beach and gathering all kind of beachy things....It's raining very hard in Holland now but you are bringing me sunshine.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lovely card lovely details I Love It !!
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy that's stunning! So many fabby embellishments I keep coming back for another look....love the little sand filled bottle.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card you made Judy, so much to see, love it.
    XXX Liesbeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Judy you have excelled yourself! This is absolutely amazing! I love all the fabulous elements and the stunning design!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so stunning Judy.I love the vintage image and beach colours and all your detailing is fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your GDT role Judy so well deserved especially as your creations are all so beautiful, this one is breathtaking, the detail just blows me away, I am in awe of your creativity, I love your story about searching the beach for shells and picking up bits and pieces, lol, what are you like, lol, seriously Judy this is an outstanding work of art and so beautifully vintage, I love it so much.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your GDT role, stunning card as ever. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Judy, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love that vintage image and your stunning details, so beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hun daft me left comment on wrong post lol so if you look at your next post the comment is there sorry hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since I'm here I thought I'd have a look at your sea-inspired card. Glad you got some use for the seagrass rope!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Judy, this is just fabulous in all it's beachy vintage goodness :) I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GASP! JUDY, THIS IS STUNNING IN EVERY WAY! A true work of art, just like all of your work! I absolutely love this and I loved reading your story about finding all of the special goodies! GORGEOUS CARD!
    It's always such a treat to admire all of your work!
    Hugs and Love, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete